Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New World-Record Speed Set At International Human-powered Submarine Races; 'Batwing And Manta Ray-like' Power

Yep, that's the boy!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay K. Jeffries <bottomgun@mindspring.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 3:58 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New World-Record Speed Set At International Human-powered Submarine Races; 'Batwing And Manta Ray-like' Power

Vance,
Joe’s link to the images are from the last race out in Escondido.  That ENGINE was probably the same gentleman that was the power source for the race I assisted with…he was really a bicyclist that they recruited for the races and he stuck around for a few seasons.  He was actually severely hung-over from a night out on the town when he set the then world’s record of 3.95 kts.
R/Jay

Respectfully,
Jay K. Jeffries
Andros Is., Bahamas

A skimmer afloat is but a submarine, so poorly built it will not plunge.