RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New World-Record Speed Set At International Human-powered Submarine Races; 'Batwing And Manta Ray-like' Power

Vance,

Yes it is exciting.  The Omer Team has dominated recent races and will be very hard to beat.  I assisted with the first races in California held in a tow tank…water was extremely cold with visibility not being great but did get a chance to help set a world’s record speed with my alma mater’s team from FAU.  There is a lot of camaraderie among teams at the races but teams are really serious as you note.  Here is the only image that I have from the races, not sure if it will make it through the web server:

http://www.underwatertimes.com/news2/human_submarine.jpg

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

A skimmer afloat is but a submarine, so poorly built it will not plunge.