From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Smyth, Alec
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 1:08 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] convention update

I can help with #8, the projector.

Alec

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Jon Wallace
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:47 AM
To: Personal_Submersibles@Psubs. Org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] convention update

Hello,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to plan the 2007 convention.
The following updates/changes are now announced.

1) Last Call for Papers and Speakers.
This is the last call for anyone wishing to contribute white papers or
make a presentation at the convention.  Please respond to myself or Ray
Keefer by May 15, 2007.

2) Dr. Jerry Stachiw has confirmed his attendance and will be with us
for the entire weekend.

3) Accomodations.
Please see http://www.psubs.org/convention/2007 for detailed information
about the prefered hotel and other accomodations in the Holland MI area.
If you will be staying at the prefered hotel, make sure you tell them
you are part of the PSUBS convention when you make your reservations.
There are numerous options available besides the prefered hotel,
including camping areas.  We have links to Expedia and Google that are
preset to the general area so you can find something to your liking.
Don't wait.  Reserve early.
If you are not staying at the prefered hotel, make sure you calculate
your distance from it so you can plan your driving time accordingly.

4) Directions.
Most directions you will need have already been posted on the convention
web site (see link above).  In addition, we will be leaving directions
with the main desk of the prefered hotel that you can pick up if you
arrive late.
Various cell phone numbers will also be left at the main desk so that
you can call for specific directions if you get lost in the area.  All
pre-registered participants will receive this information prior to the
dates of the convention.

5) Sponsors.
We need sponsors to help support the convention.  The more sponsors we
get, the less it will cost all of us for registration fees.  If you know
of a company that might like to sponsor the convention, we have a price
schedule listed on the convention web page (see link above) that offers
various levels of advertising.

6) Attending Subs.
We want your submersible!  Whether it is under construction, dive ready,
or moth-balled please consider bringing it to the convention.  We can
learn something useful from every submersible that shows up.  On Sunday
the 19th, we will have a static display of all subs for the press and
public.  Please let me know if you will be bringing a sub, and whether
you will be diving it or simply bringing it for public display.

7) Keep an eye on the "What to Bring" section of the convention web
page.
Don't forget that mid-August will be hot and we will be out in the sun
for long segments of time at the dive site.  Bring a beach chair if
possible, sun-tan lotion, and swim wear.

8) Miscellaneous Equipment.
We need an LCD computer projector.  Please let me know if you have a
unit that you can bring with you for us to use.

Watch the web site for updates and of course we will update again via
the mailing list again in the near future.
Thanks,
Jon

automated process and should be complete within five minutes of our
server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281