Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] inflatables

In a message dated 3/17/2007 9:05:55 PM Central Standard Time, brenthartwig@hotmail.com writes:
I like your basis idea of using a tracker innertube to help with getting more freeboard.  I've been thinking about a number of different types of inflatable designs for greater surface staybility and emergency buoyancy.
I am looking at using fire hose. I am a volunteer fireman and have them available to me.
I am planning on wraping 50' sections around hull. They already have really good brass
conections that you can tap in, and out air. They are also stress tested to 600 lbs, In
some cases once a year.

You can also get them in multiple sizes 1-4" practically and at differant lengths, they also collapse
nice and flat and are very durable.

Dean Ackman