Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete submarine /steel/concrete

The diameter of the legs on TROLL platform is approx 24m. The wall
thickness is 1m. This platform stands 303m under sea level. Not only
shall these dimensions take the static pressure but also the dynamic
forces applied by wind, waves and underwater currents.

The hull thickness of TROLL is approx 4,2%

If you make a sub 200mm thick on a 2,5 m diameter hull you will have a
thickness/hull diameter of 8%   That is almost twice that of TROLL :-)