Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New SUB!

Oh! -- Found the details.  There is a PDF download under "Informations".  Use IE, this sight does not work very well with FireFox.

http://www.themutable.com/11%20Submarine/Submarime.htm

"The Murex Submarine was tested successfully for the first time on Sunday, January 22 2006.
Representative from LIU (Lebanese International University), 7 officers from the Lebanese Army, two
rescue ships and rescuers from the civil defense (el defa3 el madany) were present. The test took place in
El-Ouza3i area near the Airport. That area was chosen due to the relatively calm waves present there.
The dive took 50 minutes during which the submarine dived and surfaced two times successfully and with
no problems what so ever. The maximum depth reached at that trail test was 12 meters. During that day,
the sea water was very unclear and the waves were high so we were not able to go to a deeper place.
The submarine was then moved to the Sea Rescue Team in the Civil Defense (Jounieh Port). Since that
time the Murex has been tested 10 times up to a depth of 26 meters. All these trials were successful and
at times more than one passenger was present inside it."

I'd like to nominate Dr Tarek and the students at LIU for the Kittredge Award.

Thanks
Doug J