RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alec's fleet

Vance,

Since I would never discard any tidbit of your sage advice, I can prove my innocence! But damn, look at the timestamp on that email. I think you can be forgiven for forgetting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: VBra676539@aol.com [mailto:VBra676539@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 3:58 AM
To: Alec Smyth
Subject: Re: dive sites in FL

Alec,

Showing up with a sub is only a mild bump in the road down here. In fact, showing up with the space shuttle probably wouldn't surprise too many people. They'll be interested, but then there's the blonde in the g-string right over there...

I'd say the Keys are pretty good for close dives with interesting bottom features. Seclusion, however, ain't in the picture. All the blondes in g-strings are down there, plus all the people watching them. The big issue is distance. Palm Beach in the summertime is a good area--reasonable visibility and reefs, ledges or wrecks (you choose) to look at. However, the Gulf Stream, which meanders a bit depending on season, reaches its closest proximity to land at the inlet there--about a 1/4 mile offshore. And it can be fierece.

Vance

Now, you BETTER call me to make a pit stop here on your way up I-95 to the next convention, eh?

:)

Alec
PS: The displacement has gone from 3,300 to 4,500 lbs due to the addition of external VBT and battery pods, and a coning tower.