Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Check out this sub

To Jay K.....Do you think it was ever ABS certified ? I wonder how thick the hull is.  You mentioned stability problems and high power usage. Do you think the saucer shape is the cause of that or maybe the tower and lower tanks were to blame. I am getting ready this week to order the tank heads and the model I built seemed to be pretty stable in water. ( just a small one and was in a swimming pool.) I won't have a tower on mine and the ballast tanks will be on the side rather than on the bottom. I've included a sketch and would appreciate any thoughts it might bring to mind.
Thanks, Frank D.
Oops....the picture won't load. Anyway, its like the one on craigslist but without the tower and lower tanks. The ballast tanks will be in a ring around the perimeter and will be triangular in shape. No other "stuff" on the out side and I'll make the windows and hatch nearly flush. I'm trying to keep it as streamlined as possible. The K250/350  propane tank types just seem too cramped inside and with the legs, tanks, and other "stuff" on the outside, they move pretty slow. Looking at the picture of the one on craigslist, I wonder if the ballast tanks on the bottom would be trying to make it flip over. That tower has to be pretty heavy, and with all the flotation on the bottom, maybe that is what made it unstable. The center of gravity on mine is pretty low and the drop weight adds even more stability ( its on the bottom.) I sent an e-mail to the seller, and if he responds, I'll pass the info along to the group.
Frank Dalgleish. (408)353-6645-------Santa Cruz, Calif.