Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 2:42 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] new hull design

all this talk about getting back to subs but everyone still seems to be arguing over issues. I was waiting for a fist fight at the end of this pissing contest then we can all hose the testosterone off the decks and go on eh. I'm just a newbie so don't mind my little joke. I did have some ques regarding a new design I am trying to come up with to minimize exterior piping and make lines and valving simpler inside the hull. my trim tanks will be a closed sys and I am not sure if this is necicary or not. I was concerned with the air in my trim tanks loosing mass as I drive deeper  if I leave them ambiant which would cause my sub to become neg boyant at depth. The other concern is that if the trim tanks are a closed sys is the wall seperating the main tanks from the trim tanks need to be reinforced? as for the other ques that I have had earlier I found a place I should have known to look for affordable  parts and sealed rotating assemblies. grainger.com has ! a wide variety of parts for those interested in looking. they also have a few co2 and o2 meters avalible and a wide variety of hydrolic as well as peunamatic parts for fabrication.

any thoughts on rectangular port view holes instead of round.