Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Free Flooding Spaces

Paul Kreemer wrote:
Joe, I think we need some drawings!  I've been following this message thread but am not sure the kind of boat you're after.  Here's a rough layout sketch of a sub that I spent a few minutes on.  It looks maybe a little like a fleet boat, but I didn't try to do much with the free flooding spaces (in white).  I also didn't try to apply any scale to it - so it may be way off.
Why did you make the conning tower trunk floodable?  It seems to me that so much weight that high would make the boat tender.
If it were free-flooding, as I assume it is, scuppers would have to be huge.