[PSUBS-MAILIST] Inner / Outer support ribs.

I understand that support ribs offer the same strength increase whether they are on the inside or outside of the pressure hull.  As I am planning on adding fairing, I am also considering puting the ribs on the outside to free up interior space.  Is this a good idea ?  In other words, is it easier to install the ribs when they are on the outside ?  Are the ribs pre-made and then welded on or built right onto the pressure hull ?  I can't seem to figure out the ribs, how they are made, and the best way to install them.  My pressure hull is of a similar design as the K350 36" x 1/4 " x 8'.  I am considering a rib spacing of 18".

Myles.