Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hull test

Hi Ian, Dan, Paul, Al and everyone. Bill here.

I mean't to say ultra sound underwater communications instead of microwave underwater communications. I got the terms mixed up..

There ARE microwave underwater communications systems but they use lines that travel up to buoys that then send out in microwave.

Here are many links to wireless underwater communications. Most using ultra sound and some using microwave with buoys.

I made a mistake in terms between WIRED microwave and WIRELESS ultrasound, but that isn't what is important. What IS important is that

ultrasound is WIRELESS and if you can get a signal through to a sub from a wireless underwater (or boat base station unit for it) ultrasound communication unit,

then that signal can operate other things and should be able to operate or be modified to operate remote control equipment on a sub.

Something as simple as the Ocean Reef neptune II full face diver's mask has the communications equipment built into it that

could transmit to a sub and thereby operate remote control equipment in that sub. Do you think that might be safer than having

the sub manned for its dangerous depth testing?

Here's the links. Its a few of them, but if you read them all like I did, you will get a rough overview and understanding of how what I am

proposing just might work to remote operate a sub for depth testing.

Both the two links below are specifically for equipment for sale for communicating wireless from the surface to a sub underwater. The beauty of these two links is

they are already specifically designed to communicate from the surface to the submarine or from submarine to submarine. Think about it fellows,

if you can send a wireless signal, you can send a signal to remote control equipment on the sub. Then you could even monitor whether the remote function was

done and if it worked by having the sub send you back a signal YOU receive from it. After depth testing is over, you can use the equipment to communicate with a

support ship or divers outside the sub!  Every 1 atm sub with enough room should have it anyway.

http://www.orcatron.com/sub1s.html

http://www.orcatron.com/2190.html

This three links below is the Aquarius habitat and it has pics and text on its microwave communications system.

http://www.space.gc.ca/asc/eng/astronauts/neemo/aquarius.asp

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:56chF5syr1gJ:oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/diving/aquarius/aquarius.html++underwater+microwave+communications.&hl=en

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:9ARccW72bmUJ:www.scienceblog.com/community/older/1997/A/199700491.html++underwater+microwave+communications.&hl=en

This below link is from Divelink a company that sells to private and military for wireless underwater ultrasound communications.

http://www.divelink.net/index.htm

The below link is from Ocean Technology Systems. Another company selling ultrasound wireless underwater communications equipment.

http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/

This below links are articles about and equipment for sale by Ocean Reef underwater communications equipment.

http://www.aquadanceltd.com/comsys.html

http://www.oceanreefgroup.com/system_.htm

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p23892167?sourceid=3

This below link show various different ultrasound wireless underwater communications equipment for sale from various manufacturers.

http://www.scuba.com/shop/product.asp_Category_168_page_3_recs_10

This last link below is a page with a whole HOST of links to underwater communication articles and sites.

http://www.stormingmedia.us/keywords/underwater_communications.html