[PSUBS-MAILIST] Wooden non submerging S boat replica.

Hi members.

One of our new members mentioned a fellow that had made a non submerging wooden replica of the U.S. S class sub.

I found it online and it is a sweet looking boat even though she doesn't submerge. What a fun boat for just putting around in!

It even has a bottom viewport for looking at the fishes. My dad served on the O and S and fleet class subs before and during WW2.

All the O boats and many of the S boats did not have air conditioning and were called "pig boats" because the sweat from the

submariners would begin to smell. Dad did his training on the O and S boats but he fought the japanese in the fleet class boats.

Dad didn't like the older boats too much, but he had nothing but praise for the fleet class ones.

Here's several links to it. Very interesting.  http://www.fastkayak.com/s44.html     http://www.fastkayak.com/construction.html

Bill.