Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 12 Volt Solenoids

I have some experience with these types of relays and here is one thing to be sure to check. There are two types of solenoid relays, continuous duty and non continuous duty. The continuous duty type is what you want. They are rated for use for long periods of time. They also get quite hot when in use, too hot to touch for more than a couple of seconds, so probably something like 130 degrees F. I use these in my work and have one rated at 150 amps that I have had in almost constant use for the past 3 years, and it does a great job.

Good luck, glad to be hearing from you again Bill.
Trent McNelly
Anchorage, AK