Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Caught in weeds...

(late post)

Salut Pierre . . .

Yup, I do in fact have a few thoughts on that.

First, a pony bottle is an excellent idea.  In cold water (close to
shore!!!) I'd recommend a neoprene hood and mask if anyone's going to bail
out.  Cold water on a bare head is excrutiating.  If not close to shore,
then I'd wear a dry suit and carry flippers, too (no surface support).

Second, a controlled ascent sure is a nice experience.  Beats having to dump
my weights at 80 ft. in a dry suit.  Lends new meaning to
"sea-to-air-missile".

Third, I've seen a weed cutter at several boat shows (don't know if the
product's available outside Canada).  Mounts ahead of the prop.  Consists of
several razor sharp SS blades that rotate with the prop.  The salesman
demonstrated the cutter by inserting foot after foot of heavy rope around
the prop.  This product just would not give up.  You could hear the rope
being sliced.

Rick Lucertini
Vancouver, Canada