To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:11 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Crush-resistant Glass Micro Spheres

For making syntactic foam. Stuff that floats and you can mold, but which is incompressible. So if you're sub comes out too heavy, you can bolt some of it on and make corrections to the buoyancy, like the opposite of adding more lead weights. Or maybe design it that way if you have a very special reason. Subs like Alvin use big blocks of syntactic foam formed into nice shapes.

Rgds,

Alec