From: SIMON WALKDEN [mailto:mrsym0r@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 5:38 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] submersible design

Hi Guys,

Ok, so the K-250 and K-350 designs are quite popular. After looking at
many interior and exterior photos of these beasts, I've concluded that
people don't build/buy these subs for their comfort, nor for taking
down alot of passengers.

Is there any middle ground with current submersible designs? It seems
to be you can either build/buy a K-350, and either descend into the
briney deep (read it out loud with a pirate accent for the desired
effect) alone, or with a rather squashed companion; buy a Sport Sub
and get wet (just like scuba), stay above 40 metres (just like scuba),
and stay within the depth  times of the RDP (just like scuba); or, you
can spend a few million on a larger tourist vessel.

Is there any middle ground for submersible design? Something that can
take perhaps 3 or 4 people, still be at one-atmosphere pressure, and
not cost more than an average home?

Are there any other one-atmosphere submersible plans available,
either? Most prospective sub builders seem to have the predicament of
either buying the K-250/K-350 plans (which are safe, well tested and
documented I might add), or try their hand at designing their own
untested craft.

-Simon

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG