[PSUBS-MAILIST] submersible design

Hey Simon

Q = Are there any other one-atmosphere submersible plans available?
A = I asked this question here and have since acquired a ww2 sub design.
I am also looking for a modern commercial (1atm) design like the tourist subs that take 20 people. Let me know if you find anything similar :)

---> Most prospective sub builders seem to have the predicament of
---> either buying the K-250/K-350 plans (which are safe, well tested and
---> documented I might add), or try their hand at designing their own
---> untested craft.

I think most sub builders will modify the design. If you wish to design your own submarine it is a good idea to mathematical analyse a physically tested design. Designing your own sub is time consuming. Example, I have thus far spent a lot more than 200 hours designing, theoretically testing and evolving my own design (not 1atm). I recently inherited some houses in south Spain, until I have renovated and sold one of them I will not attempt to physically test a 1atm design.

In order to design and build a (financially realistic) safe 1atm sub that accommodates 4 people it is a good idea to use conventional, proven design principles. how I think mail list will help people do so: collective knowledge, experience and constructive criticism will help to even out imagination peeks.

The norm psub supports 1-2 people. The principles that are used to design, make a such sub can be used to make a larger psub. As far as I know no one on this list has had problems with hull collapses.

I wish u many happy designing hours :)

silky

Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu! http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!