Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub com

Howdy,
    I have polished ship propellers, and cleaned ship bottoms, along with a few other things under steel ships. You can hear a lot of noise from the inside of the ship. I wouldn't count on being able to distinguish speech.
    Morse code taped thru the hull would work. A hydrophone mounted outside may help speech get thru the water to some extent.
   If the diver is wearing a full face mask with comms. A socket outside the hull the diver could plug into would allow voice communications.

 Bob

Marie-Andrée et Pierre <poulin.carrier@videotron.ca> wrote:
Hi all,

A simple question... If I'm inside a sub and I talk... will divers outside the sub hear me?

Pierre Poulin

I saw an old lady walkin' down the street
She had tanks on her back and fins on her feet

I said "Hey ol' lady, where U going to?"
She said U. S. Navy Diving School

I said "Hey ol' lady, ain't U been told
Leave that divin' to the brave and the bold

She said "Sonny, Sonny, Can't U see
I teach RECON, UDT