From: caribsub@coqui.net [mailto:caribsub@coqui.net]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 5:37 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Seahorse news

during my previous experience in combat diving, we have been chasing divers
from
a famous environmental group, they always have been successfull in damaging
surface warships including a nuclear british submarine. only once 3 of them
were caught at the beach later, 3 ladies, 55 olds.
if 3 55 y old ladies can damage a nuclear british sub, beleive me terrorist
WILL
be successfull against a US ship with less experience in this matter.
What happened to the US Cole would not have happened to a British or french
war
ship very well prepared against this type of attack at this time .
Again this behavior of thinking that it cannot happen against  such
powerfull
navy ship will have consequences.
if the sub is moving under a thermocline in an port it will not be detected
by
sonar.
in ports Russian ships run full blown sonar, not to detect subs or divers
but to
disable them if any.
then even you detect it, you got 2 minutes top to respond, good luck...
Best
Herve
Mensaje citado por "Gillis Christopher S, OS2(CTF76 N31C)"
<ChristopherG@CTF76.navy.mil>:

> Sorry, reposted due to errors.
>
> It seems there is alot of dislike of the U.S. Navy.
>
> However speaking off the record, it is very doubtful that any kind of sub
> surface vessel could be used effectively against a US Carrier, due to
> several reasons...most of which should be common sense, and some which
will
> not be spoken.
>
> Regardless of no prop to move the vessel, if moving, it will be detected
by
> sonar, just like any other object in the ocean regardless of means or
> propulsion.
>
> -S. Christopher Gillis

One
> of
> > these subs with a high explosive charge could sink a U.S. aircraft
> carrier.
> > If U.S. intelligence is smart (and they frequently are not) they would
> > monitor who buys these subs in that part of the
> >
> > troubled world..
> >
> > I guess time will tell.
> >
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Bill Akins.