[PSUBS-MAILIST] Do it all yourself approach... is it sensible?

Ok guys,

Is time for me to get some input here... I am sure I am going to inflame some, but I always speak my mind.... not with the intention to offend anyone, but with the intention to move you to reason....

I have read all the comments about building your own viewports and I don't understand why would anyone want to go through this trial and error process with such a critical item on your p-sub. I am not trying to discourage anyone to build a sub, on the contrary, I like to see more built... but there are things which are better left to those who have the know-how and the technolgy to do it right and safely.

I understand that many want to save money but at what cost? I can't see the cost advantage in building your own viewport, if you have to invest time in studying and understanding the materials involved, the manufacturing process, the molds requirements, the heating and cooling requirements and not to mention the anhealing process requirements and then implement those to build a set of viewports????

I personally would focus my efforts in the overall design and leave the critical items to the experts... I think it will save you many headaches and you will build your p-sub sooner.

Ayway, just my opinion... not trying to discourage or inflame anyone...

Hugo