Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:48 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: acrylic viewport thickness

Hugo Marrero wrote:

> Think about what you just wrote.... you're saying that is easier to
> cut several pentagobal sections, make sure they have the same
> circularity within certain deviation, make sure they are the exact
> same measurements, then glue each of the 5 sides on each section and
> make sure it's in place correctly ....

I've wondered about doing that for an entire hull.  Not in acrylic, necessarily, but in whatever material is desired.  The hull becomes a structure made of pentagonal pieces.  If I could figure out how large each pentagon has to be to result in a hull of the proper size, I'd be able to think about this more clearly.   The math eludes me so far.

Mike