Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] THE CASE OF THE MISSING OXYGEN.

Okay, Bill. I"m about done with this. Phil has put in a really good section on the hows of it. He does that stuff for a living, is a peach of a fellow to boot, and you may believe him with my hearty recommendations. As to the oxygen, you're getting off into chemistry. Google it up. There is some oxygen bonding going on during the conversion in the battery. I'm sure there are scholarly works abounding on the subject, as lead acid batteries have been around longer than John Perry, and buddy, that's a long while. Vance