Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Tail Feathers

Dan,

Yes, on the aft thruster. If I can get George to answer the phone, I'm going to try and beat him out of the drawings for a rudder. If not, I know a guy who built two K-sub clones and used an internal motor and rudder aft. I'll get in touch with him again and see if he's got any drawings of the assembly left.

Something to think about: The Nektons used a rack and pinion with a small handwheel for the rudders on their boats. It gives you finer control, and self-locks when you quit turning. They built theirs from plastic racking homemade SS case, but it seems like a small commercial unit could be located to do the same thing.

As for the side thrusters, to me it is an even simpler solution to a vexing problem. It allows me to run the motors with ONE hand--mighty handy when you need to scratch your nose, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Best Regards,
Vance