[PSUBS-MAILIST] Tail Feathers

Hi Vance,

I know what you mean about the K-350 being hard to hold on course when cruising.  The foot controlled rear thruster steering works smoothly enough, but it's still difficult to keep on course.  It's not bad until you open it up with all the thrust it has.  It gets going and then ends up in a 180 quicker then I can steer out of it.  It's easy to control with only the side thrusters but not with the rear thruster at full power. I see the captain played around with a tail fin on one of his.

Are you planning to do away with the steering on the rear thruster all together and install a rudder?   Since the lakes are already iced over up here, there's time for alterations.  I was thinking about adding a fin.  What do you think?

I like your idea of tying the two side thrusters together.  It seems I have both of them at the same angle all the time anyway.  I think I may try keeping them in their present location and tying them together within the hull though.

The turned under part of my MBT's seem to lessen the burping air loss when the hull is rocking.

Dan H.