Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor controllers

At 03:22 AM 12/6/2004, you wrote:

On the website is a schematic for a motor controller if you are interested.
If you are not familiar with power switching circuits it would be better to buy one.

I design electronic equipment for a living (amongst other things) I just completed a salt water chlorinator that controls 60A of power.

Having said this, if you can buy, then buy. Designing is a pig when you can't pop out to the shop for a replacement part because you are 20m down.

You can't design, build and test a unit for the cost of a commercial controller.

Someone asked for a controller for 36v 100A bidirectional (obviously that 100A figure is at stall). Check out:
http://www.vantec.com/

Here's a dual motor controller:
http://www.vantec.com/rdfr.htm

Dave Everett