Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Show your hands!

Warren,

I agree that a two man sub is much more fun than a single seater. But I also
think one of the basic ideas of the OSS project is to keep it safe, simple
and cheap. I suppose a two seater doesn't have to be much complexer than a
one seater. But the costs are certainly an issue. You need heavier motors,
more batteries, more steel, a stronger trailer and you have to sell your
Volkswagen and buy a Ranche Rover. Ofcourse we want to design a safe sub. I
haven't got an opinion right away but I think we should consider carefully
the consequeses of a passenger. It's not only our personal safety we have to
deal with but also the safety of an ignorant passenger.

But OK, if we go for a two seater maybe "my" hull can be used. I was
thinking of a sitting position like on a scooter or motorbike. This is
probably the most compact way to store two people in a pressure hull. The
disadvantage is that the passenger doesn't have a forward view. Tho both
sides his view can be excelent. In the two vertical endcaps you don't have
to lean sideways to get yout head in front of the viewports.

Greatings Thijs Struijs