To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Show your hands!

At 10:56 AM 12/4/2004, you wrote:

Dang, I sent this e-mail a few days ago and it
vanished! Here is the gist of it:

I am concerned that the OSS project may have lost
sight of one initial request, which was a two-man
option. I would like to see a showing of hands on this
subject. How important is a two-man option? How much
money is the option worth?

If we want a two-man option, will we be able to get it
from the Thjis hull, or will we need to look at Ian's
hull again? If speed is not a concern, we man be able
to simply increase the girth of the Thjis hull, which
would make for a very simple option.

Although I was a member many years ago, I only recently rejoined so I can't
claim I've been along all throughout this process. Nevertheless, here are
my thoughts.

I understand the interest in 2-man, being able to share the adventure. I
don't know how it impinges on safety or cost. My guess is it is much
cheaper than building 2 subs. I am concerned by the cramped nature though.
One sitting one laying down. I thought the  biplane arrangement might be
better, but with the rear passenger in a slightly higher tower so both have
a decent forward view.

My personal vote is for 1 man, but I'm happy to help out any way I can.
Electronics, CAD (I have access to Solidworks, that's what I used to mock
up the 1 man sub I posted to Moki)

I'm keen on electronic motor controls. As to planes and tanks, it seems
mechanical is the safest.

Dave Everett