Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Two man sub on ebay (or buying used submarines)

Dave - thanks for that "newbie" reply regarding welds.  I'm metallurgically
challenged, so it was a great intro.

Perhaps because of this limitation I'm a great fan of dry, ambient boats
using conventional boatbuilding techniques with a little bit of glass &
epoxy thrown in.

Here's a devil's advocate question for you:  If this Kittredge sub does, in
fact, fail the weld exams, would there be any safe depth at all in which the
thing could operate?  Say less than 3 atm.'s?  Would the potential user be
able to kick around shallow reefs, etc.?

I imagine that would depend on the nature of the exam results.  Maybe a
flower bed would be the safest bet.

Comments?

Rick