[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Sub located

Hi guys -
While driving up 35W in Minnesota about 30 minutes south of St. Paul, I
saw a submarine sitting up on the side of the highway, being used
essentially as a billboard.  This lead us to a phenomenal little spot of
disregarded relics and fascinating antiques and just mostly junk.  There
was a 60 year old woman who told us her name was "Hot Sam" and that she
owned the joint.  I mean this place was packed with oddities and curios
from a 600 lbs hand carved elephant chair made from a single piece of
wood, to an original train caboose from 100 years ago to a pioneer wagon
complete with original mattress and furnishings.  Old billboards, old
sea planes, three buildings worth of furniture crap and miscellaneous
junk piled high and deep.

The sub was built out of marine plywood by a guy who probably didn't
expect it to submerge. Although it was a beautiful job externally, I did
not see any evidence of ballast tanks, and I think the best he could
hope for was to ride around on the surface of the water.  Hot Sam
reported that the guy who built it was being evicted by his landlord and
sold it to her instead of losing it to the landlord.  He only had one
request, that she never allow it to be painted yellow.

The external workmanship was beautiful.  I have attached pictures for
the website and I will try to post them on the Moki site.
I asked her what the name of the sub was, and she just said "Call it Hot
Sam's Nautilus!" Then she offered us a beer.  Nice lady...