Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: misc.

Ray, thanks again, I also enjoyed the convention.

I'd like to keep the ROV information here, our world is small enough,
let's not exclude them. Also much of it is applicable  - they are 1 atm
unmanned subs.

Ian- Remember NASA's  Martin Marietta Manned Maneuvering Unit? XYZ
joysticks, one hand for pitch/roll/yaw, the other for sway/surge/heave.
Very intuitive. Maybe we'll have it someday, let's start thinking about
it.

All- Yesterday I sat in Deep Flight Aviator. Seems like a good treasure
hunter to me. Another version could be made with the same (4" thick!)
aluminum casting technique, but long enough for, say, a dozen paying
passengers? Strap them in, maybe do a few underwater rolls? You won't get
that from Atlantis off Honolulu.
Speaking of certification and freeboard, they have inflatable bags to
lift her if needed. The waterline (without the bags of course) is at the
base of the domes. They trailer it on a launch trailer (10 golf cart
tires,very low) which is they put a larger tandem axle trailer.

Today I sat in the eBay "Home Depot Special" go to
.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=24879
93412&category=26434
or search eBay submarines.
 Good workmanship, weak design, questionable materials.
It's just as it looks, except you can't tell that there is no leg room,
and the acrylic windows are maybe 3/16ths of an inch thick. As Aviator,
not a good loiterer. Unlike Aviator, it's scary. The perceived value by
the seller seems to have gone from $25,000 to $6,000. Bid early and
often!

-Peter Korwin