Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] reconnaissance -- Sailboat/Sub

Got a solution for ya Brian.  Build a sailboat but integrate a submarine into the keel.  Sail to your destination, drop anchor, climb into your sub, release the docking clamps and drop away from the boat.  Your sailboat does not need the ballast when its at anchor and as you only pay a small weight penalty. You can move and transport boat and sub separately, you get view ports in the hull of you sailboat, and you'll have the only sailboat will a moon pool while the sub is undocked.  That's my dream boat.  A live a board sail powered boat with a built in sub.

Ok, back to work.  I better make the current dream work first.

Doug J
www.submarineboat.com