Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] From Florida to Cape Code - Without Moving

Hello Ken,

> Have you read the book "The Sun Beneath the Sea" by Jacques Piccard SBN
> 684-31101-1? I toured the Ben Franklin just before the mission and the book is
> the only information I can find.

No I haven't, but now I will !  Thanks.

>I talked to Bill Rand about a published report
> and he said I could get a copy after the mission but I never did hear from
> him.  Do you know of such a report?

Is this an individual report by Bill Rand ?

The only reference I could muster up is a "Ben Franklin Gulf Stream Drift Mission Report"    Document OSR-69-19

The abbreviated version of this report is given here :

http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/FRANKLIN/HTML/franklin_captains_log.html

I'll keep searching.  One of us could contact gene carl feldman
(gene@seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov) (301) 286-9428   I'll see if Grumman has anything.

BTW,   could you give a brief account of your experience touring the Ben Franklin?
Did you meet Piccard?

--Steve