Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Ballast release details

Hi Cliff, the system on Sgt.Peppers was mechanical spring loaded.
Two strong springs on the outside working on a mechanical pipe frame
device under higher loaded force and secured by a single bolt from
inside the sub. The bolt has an tread - so if you turn him about 5-6
turns it moves a little into the sub - and out of the small hole in the
mechanical device - the springs did there work and move 8 bolts all
welded together on the same pipe frame out of there holes. As result the
hole keelbox with the batteries and the forward thruster and the keel
storage lead - drops. The Batterie and thruster cables are on plugs
which gives way - this plugs are sealed for each dive day with fresh
silicon - so that the silicon was still soft and gives also way.

On the Euronaut I decide to go without hydraulics anywere - the
enviroment lawes here are hard. And I do not want to put the big boat
out of the water if some oil drops are comming to the surface..

I think your system is a fine solution - but for the reason that I have
not real expirence with electronics - and I will never use rescue system
that I don't understand. The drop weight plate I use are to expensive to
make - to lost them by pressing just a electronic button - or by an
electronic malfunction.

best regards Carsten