[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:_[PSUBS-MAILIST]_ VBT_(MBT)_Revisited_Idea

Got it!  I understand what you mean.  You never mentioned about adding air as you descend before.
Dan H.
----- Original Message -----
From: Fly Deep
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:_[PSUBS-MAILIST]_ VBT_(MBT)_Revisited_Idea

Your absolutely right Dan...
As one descends it is a plan to just add air and with the slots or holes the air can escape ,,,,,the slots can be set just a little bit down and this allows the air to escape....but the slots are set so that one does not need to be so critical as to the amount of air that is added to slow the doesn't...It works going up...and going down....No matter how one builds a ballast system it's necessary to add air to slow the descent....DJB

At one atmosphere of depth, your air will compress to 1/2 and be replaced by water.  Are you planning to compensate by constantly adding air?   If not, where does the air come from that will be automatically "burping out as you ascend."

I agree it sounds like a nice system for a smooth ascent but, unless I don't understand your design totally, it's not a good system to descend with.   It's safer to go "ballistic" then like a rock.

Dan H.

Do you Yahoo!?