Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]  VBT (MBT) Revisited Idea

On Sat, 8 May 2004 07:42:05 -0700 (PDT)
Fly Deep <flydeep4u@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No matter how one builds a ballast system it's necessary to add air to
> slow the descent....

But if you're using a VBT hard tank (like the K350s), once you've
got your bouyancy slightly negative and you are happy with your decent
rate, then where should be no need to add any air to the tank until
you've decided you want to stop, regardless of depth.

>From what I understand, you only need to add air to slow the descent
(or mainly compensate for the air that is getting compressed) if you
are using soft tanks (the reason VBTs are normal hard tanks).

Cheers,
  Ian.