Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dry ambient concept

I am very envious of your progress Pierre.

Today I started buying components.
- 1 x 150 cubic foot air cylinder (need 3 more)
- 1st & 2nd stage SCUBA components
- 2 regulators
- depth guage
- pressure guage
All for just $200(AUST) !!!

anyway...

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:44:30 -0500, "Pierre Poulin" <pipo305@hotmail.com>
said:
> Just yesterday Enzo Ferrari called me and asked me some advise on how to
> make elegant cars!! I answered him again of course but I warned him it
> was
> the last time!
>
> hehehe

Your final design looks like a piece of mining equipment. Should raise
some eyebrows.

> BIG's hatch will be sealed with just a rubber tube glued on the top part.
> This tube is used in sea-doo (water bike???) to seal tool box. I will
> hold
> down the hatch with 2 toggle clamps (you can find those at mcmaster.com).
>
> The free-board is very small. About 2-3 inches. I will see, BIG will be
> only
> used in lake so no big waves. I like your idea of a floodable cunning
> tower.
> I will check for that.

2-3 inches! You wouldn't want to shift your weight either! I assume you
only plan pilot entry/exit with the wheels grounded to prevent pitching.

> I can send you pics off-list of all the building step I made. I built the
> frame in 1 day!!! It's very easy to do. If I was to built BIG again, and

Fantastic! I will contact you off-list when I manage to con one of my
mates to let me use their Email. This account has a very small limit.

> if
> I had more money, I would use acrylic sheet on all the front section of
> the
> frame instaid of the metal sheet. The biggest advantage of ambient is the
> use of acrylique and the visibility you can get! No 1-atm can even dream
> about that visibility!!! Just replace metal sheet with acrylic sheet and
> you
> may have a total experience when under-water!

Agreed
I'm trying to come up with a cabin that has near total field of view
forward and down. The top will not be transparent as I think light from
above would cause severe reflections. Ballast tanks will interfear with
left and right viewing. I'm thinking of making my ballast tanks look like
downswept wings to improve the field of view. The damn things have to be
in just the wrong place!

--
Alexander R Foreman
Port Lincoln, South Australia