Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dry ambient concept

I think I will follow Pierre's example and weld flat plates over a frame. Not elegant but simple.

Not elegant?!?!?!???

Let me tell you that BIG is known all across the world for it's elegancy!!! Just yesterday Enzo Ferrari called me and asked me some advise on how to make elegant cars!! I answered him again of course but I warned him it was the last time!

hehehe

BIG's hatch will be sealed with just a rubber tube glued on the top part. This tube is used in sea-doo (water bike???) to seal tool box. I will hold down the hatch with 2 toggle clamps (you can find those at mcmaster.com).

The free-board is very small. About 2-3 inches. I will see, BIG will be only used in lake so no big waves. I like your idea of a floodable cunning tower. I will check for that.

I can send you pics off-list of all the building step I made. I built the frame in 1 day!!! It's very easy to do. If I was to built BIG again, and if I had more money, I would use acrylic sheet on all the front section of the frame instaid of the metal sheet. The biggest advantage of ambient is the use of acrylique and the visibility you can get! No 1-atm can even dream about that visibility!!! Just replace metal sheet with acrylic sheet and you may have a total experience when under-water!

Pierre Poulin

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/