Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Interior paint (was: Scuttle valve)

I don't know. I believe this method is used to bond the coating better. Other than zinc anodes. I have seen steel hulled vessels with an electronic device on board, that works along the lines of reverse polarity.
To create corrosion is the same as making a battery. I believe the theory has to do with altering or stopping electron flow. Electron flow from the cathode to the anode causes the corrosion and creates voltage.
  Some U.S. Navy ships i have worked on use this effectivly, and have no zincs at all.  I don't know the cost.

  bob

Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com> wrote:
Bob,

Taking electricity [ andodes/cathodes etc. ] in a different direction.
Would electrostatic bonding of the coating to metal be a good
solution. It would assure any pores in the metal would get covered
or sealed. Or is this overkill [ and probably expensive? ].

--Steve