Fw: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuttle valve

Me again,

I have to correct myself here.  I think most all ships and boats,
regardless
of era, had scuttle valves, even civilian. I would wonder if there be
"any" reason
to have one on a personal submersible? I know, seems like a ridiculous
question to ask, but would there be?

--Steve

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:40:57 -0800 Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com>
writes:
> I believe, historically, most military ships and submarines of the
> WWII
> era had scuttle valves.  I recall that film U571 [ I believe that's
> it ]
> had the
> Enigma machine onboard and the Allies were after it.  Fearing
> capture
> of both sub and Enigma codes the crew made an attempt to scuttle or
> sink it before it could fall into Ally hands.  They did not succeed.
>
> Have you seen the film?  Are you interested in WWI and WWII era
> submarines
> and submarine development?
>
> regards, --Steve

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!