Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] gluing O-ring into grove?

Dow Corning 111 is what we use on threads, such as pipe threads. So that the surfaces won't gall or bind.
  bob duncan

jbarlow@bjservices.ca wrote:

Dow Corning 111 grease is made for this application.

Jay.

William Alford
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent by: cc:
owner-personal_submersible Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] gluing O-ring into grove?
s@psubs.org

2004-01-12 13:38
Please respond to
personal_submersibles

I'm doing some pressure checks on a door seal mechanism. A large dia.
o-ring
fits into a groove around the door entrance. It has been machined to
correct
oring specs, but will not stay in the groove when door opens. I've not seen
any
recommendations that o-rings may be glued in the groove since they are
supposed
to be somewhat movable to seal against the groove/door junction. But since
these movements are quite small (mm), does anyone have experience with
using a
flexible gasket material/glue to hold the o-ring into place?
William Alford

* This e-mail was virus scanned upon receipt.

* This e-mail was virus scanned when sent.

Two guiding principles govern Israel Naval Commando doctrine:

1.Every defense system is vulnerable.

2.The enemy can deal with weapons and operational methods that are known; for that reason, naval commandos use imagination, daring and initiative, to create situations which cannot be anticipated.

Do you Yahoo!?