Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OT: Copyrights

I think copying this book would definately be classified as copyright
infringement.  As pointed out by someone else, it is not in the public
domain as was the Busby book.

I found this link on PSUBS
http://www.psubs.org/designguide/wwindow.html
in which Gary Boucher called Stachiw at home and talked to him
about viewports.  Stachiw only agreed to answer Boucher's questions
if Boucher promised to purchase Stachiw's book.  So, I suspect that
the author would not be too happy about an unauthorized electronic
version of the book being distributed over the Internet.

As a representative of PSUBS, I will contact Stachiw and ask if he
has any control over pricing and would be ameniable (sp?) to giving
folks here a discount.  He may not have such control over the book
price however.

In regards to a book library, we could certainly accomplish it from
a technical aspect in regards to the PSUBS.ORG website but I think
all contributors have got to realize that they may never get their
books back, or get them back in the same condition.  While we are
all wonderful people in this group, accidents happen.  Maybe someone
spills coffee on the book...their baby throws up on it...or they
lose it outright.  There will be issues to resolve such as, how long
does someone "borrow" the book for?  And books are heavy so shipping
will not be cheap.  Just something to think about.

Jon