[PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS library?

Hi,

I believe I've heard this idea kicked around before, but I wasn't
able to find anything in the mailing list archives.

But, what about a PSUBS library?  Where you can checkout a book
by mail and when you're finished you mail it onto the next person.
The last time I looked there seemed to a number of open source
software projects/applications for managing book collections and loans.

I would be willing to donate a copy of the new "Handbook of Acrylics"
book (with the 2 CDs), possibly some other books to get things
started.

This would, of course, be ran on the honors systems, but with
maybe some basic guidelines to help avoid books getting lost,
such as return the book before moving house (the main time I
seem to loose books....).  People borrowing books need to pay
postage.

What do we needed?
  - a place to host a library website (or book list, or whatever).
  - some people to play librarians, maintain the book(s) list, etc.
    maybe with serval volunteers it could be a rotating duty.
  - rugged and reusable shipping/mailing containers so books can
    be mailed many times without too much wear and tear.
  - ???

Is this of interest any psubbers?

I don't really have time to set this up or run it, but I do believe
all psubbers need access to these books.  Even if it's just while
they save up for there own copy.

On a side note, I don't believe a psubs 'mail order' library
is any replacement for owning these books.  If you are designing
a 1 ATM submersible yourself, budget for $1000 to $1500 for
buying books.

Regards,
  Ian.