Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Group support...or is that "Support Group"?

Dewey,

Why the biber?  Biber was one of the most poorly designed midget subs of WWII, as I recall.  Sea keeping was poor, visibility was non-existent, few made it back to port because of suffication and operational limitations, and it had no depth keeping functionality.  If you dived, you simply sunk all the way to the bottom.  There was no way to hold depth.

I assume you will redesign the hull and internal structures, and replace the gas engine with diesel?  While they did not perform well, they did look pretty cool!  I would certainly be willing to share my sources (some in German) with you, if that is what you want to do.  Ever consider a Seehund?  That was a very well designed boat.  I could get into that project.  Any other opinions out there?

Doug Farrow