Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Welcome!

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:06:05 -0500 SRobertoehi@cs.com writes:
>I heard there was a fellow in your Finger Lakes area I believe built a
>small version one man of a German U boat and I had a photograph of him
>from the newspaper inout of the conning tower in a German copy of a U
>boat commander uniform?

That must be a wonderful image.   Ever hear the one about the Soviet
Kilo wandering about in Lake Michigan?

>Would like to find out about u boat copies functioining today.

There's at least one photo on the psubs site, I think.

>Also thanks to whoever put up the site of American Science Supply.
>
>I got two of their Ballo-Gato Class WW2 working models diving, ballast
>the works for $9.95 each min order $10 and they work fine. Go to the
>bottom of the pool sit awhile and then come up.

I'm still trying to talk myself into getting one of those.

>Wonder why it wouldn't
>be possible to make a human carrying larger model out of surfboard
>fiberglass?

This is a favorite idea of mine.   It can't be complicated, especially if
the thing is always positively buoyant.

Mike Holt

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!