[PSUBS-MAILIST] O rings and pressure

Hi,   I have a dumb question,  I just machined my first sub part, sort of a test part, a thru hull piece that will have a shaft going thru it to turn a valve from the inside of the sub to the out side.  I machined an inside groove for an "o" ring,  now are there  recomended specs for this "o" ring ?  Like so many thousandths thickness etc..   and should the shaft be notched as well?

Second dumb Question:  Is all of your air pressure comming off the high pressure cylinders (2000 psi) always dropped down to a lower pressure (200 psi)  with a regulator before it is used to blow out a ballast tank?  Is that high pressure too high to use for that (possiblly freezing up lines?)

Brian Cox