Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] How much drop weight?

DJACKSON99@aol.com wrote:
> I suppose if you were near the bottom, you could use your drop weight
> as an anchor , and control or even stop your accent.

This seems like such a good idea, that everybody ought to have one. I
don't know why it hasn't occurred to me before -- all the times I've
tried to imagine just what a chaotic mess it would be, pulling the pins
on that big weight and hoping the whole thing doesn't rocket to the
surface, leap out of the water, and get stuck in a tree.

Even if you weren't near the bottom. If the drop weight were attached
by a winch cable, you could pull the safety pins and just start reeling
it out. When it hit bottom, you'd start going up, nice and slow. You
could stop as often as  you wanted.