Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Carsten: Sgt. Pepper

In a message dated 11/6/03 8:40:42 AM Pacific Standard Time, MerlinSub@t-online.de writes:
Comfortable.. no not any  comfort - I will never again build a boat with
pilot in prone position. If you dont belive looking for a pipe of that
diamter and go in for two hours.. before you spent money on steel.

If you are a licence scuba diver - you can purchase the boat.
Its cheap - 10000 euros. But need some smaller refits.
I see how you are.  *You* don't want to stuff yourself into it again, but you'll gladly sell it to *me* to do so! :)

What was it about the prone position that was uncomfortable?  My current design is prone and about the same length, but with a 700mm-750mm (~28"-30") diameter, a hanging harness (think hanggliders), and a sloped chest-hip pad with chin-rest that keeps most of the weight off the elbows and neck.

Warm Regards
Shawn

*****

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."

-- Auguries of Innocence, William Blake, ca 1803