Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Shedding Weight

Well, I can't think of any reason it won't work, technically.
There is the problem of dealing with rips and such, of course.
Also, making sure there is a large enough safety valve to
let excess gas out of the bladder, so it doesn't over inflate
and burst, if it gets some gas in at depth then rises. But,
does using a flexable bladder like ballast tanks really buy
you much weight savings?

I would imagine that a tough flexable bladder like ballast tank
would weigh more than say a light weight ridged GRP (constructed
using fiber glass or kevlar mat) ballast tank with an open bottom?

I could see flexable ballast tank (read collapsable ballast) being
useful from the point of view of once submerged you don't have to
move around the water which would be in your ballast tanks.

Ian.