[PSUBS-MAILIST] double endcaps sub, stability

Warren,

I have tried to place the batteries inside the pressurehull. I sat in my
mock-up (a frame made out of plastic tubes) and tried to find a place for
the batteries (carton boxes). I did not succeed. So now i want to place them
behind the pressurehull. This has the advantage that the profile of the sub
stays slim.  I want to use two 85 AH batteries for the Endura 30 Minn
Kota's. There are 4 off them, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical under a 45 dgr.
angle.

Placing the batteries behind the pressure hull made me worry about the
stabiliy. But when you look at an avarage car battery, and you look at the
volume (= buoyancy) compared to the weight they are not that heavy at all.
Anyway i made some "calculations" which i will try to send as an attachment.
About some things i had to make a guess but most figures are extracted from
the 3D autocad drawing.

I also send a drawing to moki files. You can see the battery box and the new
thruster configuration. Between the batteries and the MBT there is room for
the air bottle(s).

Greatings,

Thijs Struijs from
The Netherlands